Coal Loader Centre for Sustainability
Like us on Facebook - Coal Loader
The Coal Loader transforms an ex-industrial site to a place where you can be inspired by:
- best-practice sustainable technology
- community gardens
- food gardens
- native bush nursery
- regenerated waterfront parklands and much more.
The Coal Loader showcases innovation, enables hands-on learning about sustainability in everyday life, and serves as a community meeting point and hub for Council's extensive range of environmental and sustainability programs. Drop in, take a walk around, join a workshop, or pack a picnic and enjoy the stunning harbour views...
Read about what's on and how you can get involved.
The Genia McCaffery Centre
Monday-Friday, 9am to 4pm
Saturday, 10am to 4pm.
Parkland surrounds are open 24/7 (except from Christmas eve for one week)
North Sydney Council on 9936 8100 or email email@example.com
Both during and after hours - there are a number of facilities available for bookings.
2 Balls Head Drive, Waverton (on the right hand side before Balls Head Reserve). Parking is limited so we encourage you to use:
- Bike - North Sydney Cycling Map (5MB)
- Train - to Waverton station (bicycles carried free on weekends) visit CityRail website or 131 500.
- Walk - 5-10 minutes walk from Waverton station.
- School Bus - drop off points are on Balls Head Drive and Waterhen Drive, refer to this Walking Map (919KB).
- Public Transport - Public Transport Map for Waverton (3MB)
- Car - limited parking is available in nearby streets including Balls Head Drive and Waterhen Drive. Parking is also permitted in designated areas inside the adjacent Balls Head Reserve. These parking areas are not time restricted
Stay in touch:
Sign up to our Green Events e-newsletter to read all the latest news and events happening at the Coal Loader.
Activities at the Coal Loader and the future of the Centre are possible thanks to the Environmental Levy.
The construction of the Coal Loader Centre for Sustainability was made possible through the generous assistance of the Australian and NSW Governments.