Design Excellence Panel
North Sydney Council encourages high quality architecture and urban design in the North Sydney local government area. This is achieved, in part, by seeking the advice of the Design Excellence Panel, established under our Design Panel Policy.
The Design Excellence Panel supports North Sydney Council’s commitment to design excellence by providing independent, expert advice from leading design practitioners on major commercial, mixed use and residential development proposals, strategic planning matters and public domain designs.
Members of the panel for 2015-17 are:
- Mr Philip Graus, Director, Cox Richardson Architects & Planners (Co-chair)
- Mr Russell Olsson, Director, Olsson & Associates Architects (Co-chair)
- Emeritus Professor Peter Webber (Community representative)
- Mr Jon Johannsen, Director, Architects Johannsen & Associates
- Mr Tony Caro, Principal, Tony Caro Architecture
- Mr Gerard Outram, Director, Building Studio Architects
Membership, functions and the terms and conditions of the panel are outlined in the Design Excellence Panel Charter. In accordance with the charter, membership of the panel is renewed every two years. Details to the reformation of the current Design Excellence Panel can be found in the link below:
Re-establishment of Design Excellence Panel (562KB)