Council will be progressively upgrading the public domain through Neutral Bay to make it more attractive for shoppers and to reinforce the "village vibe" by:
- new footpath paving
- better pedestrian access (safety, crossings, walk-ability)
- new lighting for safety and night time interest
- street trees, vegetation and garden beds
- seating such as benches and chairs
- street furniture (bollards, signage, bins)
- bicycle improvements (cycle routes, access and parking).
Community consultation was undertaken June-July 2018 for the proposed upgrade of Grosvenor Lane Shared Zone between Ben Boyd Road and Young Street, Neutral Bay. This proposal will see the laneway converted into a pedestrian priority space with cars limited to 10km/h, new pedestrian paving, planting and street furniture installed to bring the area in line with the Public Domain Style Manual.
Grosvenor Street Public Domain Upgrade was completed in 2017. New paving, bollards and bike racks were installed on the southern side of Grosvenor St. The works included new materials and furniture from our Public Domain Style Manual and Design Codes.
Nb. this project is not a part of the Military Rd works as that road is classified as a State Road and is under the care and control of the RMS and is outside of Council jurisdiction.
More information - contact Adam Deutsch, Project Manager on 9936 8100 email email@example.com
Back to Listing