Council has engaged a multi-disciplinary consultant team lead by Environmental Partnership NSW to prepare a combined Masterplan/ Plan of Management (PoM) for Tunks Park.
This dedicated Masterplan/Plan of Management for Tunks park will:
- Establish an overall vision for the park; and
- set out how the park will be used and managed by Council for the next 5-10 years.
A range of community engagement activities are being facilitated by engagement specialists Straight Talk in November and December 2017. This includes a two-stage workshop, online survey and online discussion forum. There will be further opportunities to be involved in this project from early 2018.
A two-stage stakeholder workshop was held, and presentation documents are available below.
Part A – Scoping Phase Workshop
Part B – Options Phase Workshop (please choose one)
Online Survey & Discussion Forum
The online survey and scoping phase online discussion forum closed on 3 December 2017.
You can still provide feedback on the key issues and potential options presented at the workshops by:
- Participating in the options phase discussion forum - this is hosted on Council’s Your Say webpage and will be open until Sunday 21 January 2017 (5 weeks).
At its meeting on 20 November 2017, Council considered a Question without Notice and resolved:
- THAT Council proceed with a Plan of Management that excludes floodlighting and artificial turf for Tunks Park.
- THAT the oversight of the Plan of Management process be returned to the Division of Open Space and Environmental Services.
- THAT Council makes a public commitment to all residents, ratepayers, friends and users of both Tunks Park and Anderson Park that artificial turf is not a matter for consideration in either park.
In accordance with this resolution, the appointed consultant team will continue to work on developing a dedicated Masterplan/Plan of Management for Tunks Park but no further work will be undertaken to explore the potential for food lighting and/or artificial turf at Tunks Park.
The project will be transferred to and overseen by Council’s Open Space and Environmental Services Division in early 2018.
If you are interested in receiving project updates, including information on upcoming engagement opportunities, please subscribe to the project e-newsletter below.
All enquiries should be directed to Katerina Papas, Strategic Planner, on 9936 8385 or email@example.com
Tunks Park e-newsletter
Subscribe to our electronics newsletter for updates on the progress of this project.
Subscribe to our e-newsletter
Council Meeting Minutes 21 March 2016 (212KB)
Council Report 18 July 2016 (133KB)
Council Report 21 November 2016 (2MB)
Council Report 1 May 2017 (66KB)
Council Resolution 20 November 2017 (72KB)
Frequently asked Questions (173KB)
Community Engagement Strategy - Tunks Park (241KB)
Project Brief - Tunks Park (637KB)
PoM and Engagement Background Information (306KB)