Young Street Plaza
Council is seeking community feedback on the design of a new plaza in Young St (between Military Rd and Grosvenor Lane).
Young St Plaza consultation panel (5MB)
The project is a response to community feedback emphasising a need for more community/open space in the Neutral Bay Village.
A concept has been developed that proposes new landscaped areas for community use, space for outdoor dining, and improved pedestrian access around Neutral Bay Village.
- Closure of Young Street between Military Rd and Grosvenor Lane (driveway and loading zone access will be retained).
- 700sq m of high quality landscaped space for community use.
- Improved access for people walking and cycling to B-line bus stops, including new paths and secure bike parking.
- Realignment of existing traffic signals over Military Rd to provide a direct link between May Gibbs Place and Young Street.
- Increased pedestrian activity in front of shops and commercial premises fronting Young Street.
- Integration with planned pedestrian path and streetscape upgrades in nearby Grosvenor Lane.
- Reduction of 11 car parking spaces, which will be offset by an increase of 5 spaces in Grosvenor Lane.
- High quality paving and materials.
- New street trees, garden beds and public seating.
Have your Say
Consultation for the project was from 31 May - 5 July 2019, and is now closed.