B-Line Construction Works
Tree planting for the second stage of the B-line project will commence from Monday 15 June 2020.
North Sydney Council will be undertaking the installation of replacement trees within the Military Road verge corridor. The works will be carried out as part of the “B-Line Urban Landscaping, Tree Planting Works” project on behalf of Transport for NSW. The planting is for the replacement of trees that were removed for the original B-line project.
The photos below give an impression of what the planting may look like once installed.
A Platanus orientalis ‘Digitata’ Oriental Plane has been selected to be installed at this location. This planting is in accordance with the “B-Line Urban Landscaping, Tree Planting Works” project and Council’s Urban Forestry Strategy. The species has been selected for the following reasons:
- The species is appropriate to the heritage character and the period architecture of the area.
- The surrounding streetscape and tree species
- The species is a proven performer in the existing site conditions with numerous mature
- specimens performing in surrounding area.
- Provide amenity and value to the street and area.
- To maintain tree canopy with the North Sydney Local Government Area.
Further information on the B-line Urban Landscaping project is available here on our website:
Military Road Neutral Bay Public Domain Upgrade, or Military Road Cremorne Public Domain Upgrade
Council can be contacted on 9936 8100 if you require any further information.
ENGINEERING PROJECT MANAGER