B-Line Construction Works
T3 to Bus Lane changes
Transport for NSW has advised Council that existing T3 lanes were converted to Bus lanes in the AM peak from mid-January. The conversion applies at two sections:
- Along Burnt Bridge Creek Deviation (from Condamine Street to Sydney Road)
- Along Spit and Military Roads (from Ourimbah Road, Mosman to Watson Street, Neutral Bay)
Converting these sections of the T3 into an AM peak bus lane between Balgowlah and Neutral Bay will help further improve bus service reliability, which in turn will help keep the Northern Beaches, Lower North Shore and Sydney moving.
At its meeting on 4 December 2017 (15MB), Council resolved:
1. THAT Council endorse a submission to Transport for NSW’s B-Line Team regarding the conversion of the existing AM T3 Lanes to an AM Bus Lane along the lines of commentary provided in this report.
2. THAT Council also prepare a supplementary submission based on feedback from affected Precincts, including Harrison, Bennett, Willoughby Bay, Neutral and Brightmore.
3. THAT Council immediately forward to the above Precincts any correspondence that it receives from Transport for NSW regarding the B-Line and continue to publish all correspondence on its website.
Council submission T3 conversion to bus lanes (113KB)
Council supplementary submission T3 conversion to bus lanes (395KB)
Tidal Flow system in Neutral Bay and Cremorne
Work continues in the Neutral Bay and Cremorne areas to implement the new tidal flow systems. The new tidal flow system along Military Road will address congestion experienced by both bus customers and general traffic by providing more vehicle capacity in the morning peak when it’s most needed.
Construction for the new tidal flow began in late December and the new system will be completed and operational later this year.
On 19 December 2017, Council received two notifications - for Residents (490KB) and for Businesses (492KB) - from TfNSW advising of works along Military Road between Ben Boyd Road, Neutral Bay and Hampden Avenue, Cremorne.
For the most up to date information on these changes, tel: 1800 048 751, email: email@example.com, or visit the B-Line website