The new lane management system to manage peak hour traffic flow between Hampden Avenue and Ben Boyd Road in Neutral Bay is operational. Throughout October, construction will continue in Neutral Bay to complete Military Road infrastructure and footpath upgrades.
The night works program for October has been updated. We will now be working noisy nights on Tuesday 8 October, Wednesday 9 October, Monday 21 October, Tuesday 22 October, Wednesday 30 and Thursday 31 October from 6pm to 5am, subject to weather and site conditions.
Construction activities in October include:
- completion of pedestrian fencing on Military Road between Cabramatta Road and Holt Avenue
- investigation, utilities relocation, preparation and installation of new citybound traffic signal at the Military Road and Cabramatta Road intersection
- traffic signal upgrades and commissioning at Winnie Street, Cabramatta Road and Spofforth Street
- testing of tidal flow systems – involving wiring in control cabinets and device testing with traffic control in place in Neutral Bay
- restoration of asphalt on affected parts of Rangers Road, Hampden Avenue, Murdoch Street, Holt Avenue and Spencer Road near each intersection with Military Road. Localised detours will be in place.
- final rectification works including kerb and pavement works and line marking
The October notification outlining work for Military Road is available here.
For the safety of motorists, pedestrians and workers this work will be done at night. Traffic control will be in place during this time. You may also experience some noise impacts during this work.
Artwork has recently been installed on cabinets at both northbound and southbound bus stops as part of the B-Line Public Art Strategy - Be Here!
Works area 2019
Day work will be required to complete the work program and will be undertaken during the following times:
- 7am to 6pm Monday to Friday, and 8am to 1pm Saturday
For more information on the work on the Northern Beaches B-Line Program please contact us
Back to Listing
Posted on 17 October 2019