An extensive Tender process was completed and reported to Council on 25 June 2018 and Project Managers and Architects have now been appointed to rebuild the North Sydney Olympic Pool complex.
Further community consultation will take place during the DA phase of this project which is expected to be completed by June 2019, after this the construction Tender will be awarded.
Council has taken the next step in redeveloping the North Sydney Olympic Pool by tendering for project management and design services.
Following a Rescission Motion Council resolved:
- THAT Council supports the development of Option 2 to a detailed design phase.
- THAT the design development include an upgraded crèche that meets the needs of parents and carers who wish to keep their children safe while visiting the gym and pool facilities, and that the design solution takes into account any anticipated increased demand for the crèche once the overall pool facility is upgraded.
- THAT while the detailed design is being undertaken, Council staff in conjunction with the Architects develop a business analysis of the costs and future revenue streams of the project.
- THAT the detailed design and business analysis be reported back to Council before being placed on public exhibition for an extended consultation period.
- THAT Council consider accessibility in the planning specifically addressing universal design.
- THAT Council staff investigate options for allowing pool and gym users access to Luna Park’s Parking Station, which at present is under-utilised.
- THAT the Mayor and Deputy Mayor meet with the Member for North Sydney, the Member for North Shore and the Premier, seeking their assistance in applying for grant funding for the Pool renewal project.
The Council resolved to develop Option 2 of the six options that were placed on public exhibition in 2015. This option includes replacing the 50m pool, relocating the gym, widening the 25m pool to eight lanes and updating the crèche facility.
March 2016 Council, at its meeting on 21 March 2016 considered:
November 2015 Phase 2 community feedback reported to Council -
September 2015 Phase 2 consultation
March/April 2015 Draft options considered by Council
September 2014 Phase 1 consultation