A development application (DA) for the redevelopment of the North Sydney Olympic Pool is on exhibition for comment until 5pm on Friday 13 December. The proposed redevelopment upgrades the 50m pool and provides a range of facilities to meet a wide range of community needs.
The community can view all the documentation, including a flyover (also below), on the Council website through our DA tracking page. Search for DA 347/19 in the search field. Hard copies of the DA documentation are also available to view in Council’s Customer Service Centre.
Submissions on the development will be received up until 5pm on Friday 13 December 2019 and can be made online (through the DA tracking link above), via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or in writing. The DA will be assessed by an independent planning consultant and reported to the Sydney North Planning Panel for determination.
FAQs - Pool Redevelopment Project
Fact Sheet 1 - What's changing in the outdoor and indoor pools? (1MB)
Fact Sheet 2 - What facilities are being provided for families? (1MB)
Fact Sheet 3 - Why will the pools use saline water? (590KB)
Fact Sheet 4 - What's there now vs what's proposed (74KB)
Key features of the redevelopment:
- 50m pool with dividing barrier function
- family leisure pool with sunshade
- children’s interactive water play area
- sundeck with gelato bar
- revamped café adjacent to Olympic Boulevard
- change facilities, including family change facilities
- grandstand with roof/shade structure, with capacity for 970 people
- expanded 1100m2 gym suitable for all ages in a new Grandstand
- 120m2 crèche with 47m2 outdoor play area on the ground level
- 4 x lane 25m Indoor Pool, Warm Water Pool, Spa and Sauna Facilities
- café, with potential to host events
- 176m2 retail shop
- covered entry off Alfred Street incorporating the original heritage entry
- all pool facilities will be fully accessible with purpose-built ramps
You can view more information on the history of the project here.
Back to Listing
Posted on 6 December 2019