Public exhibition of the draft Stage 2 Ward Street Precinct Masterplan
At its meeting of 25 June 2018, North Sydney Council resolved to exhibit the draft Stage 2 Ward Street Precinct Masterplan.
The Ward Street Precinct is a mix of commercial, mixed use and residential developments at the northern end of the North Sydney CBD.
The draft Masterplan aims to significantly improve the public domain offering of the North Sydney CBD and carefully plan for the urban renewal of the centre.
There are a number of catalysts for the draft Masterplan:
- The return of the Ward Street car park to Council control in 2020.
- The planned Victoria Cross Metro Station.
- Strong private development interest.
- The opportunity to set the direction for contemporary best practice planning.
- The activation of the North Sydney Centre.
Councillor Briefings regarding the draft Stage 2 Masterplan were held on 12 February, 19 March and 18 June 2018.
The Masterplan is expected to go exhibition late July / early August with an in-depth community and stakeholder consultation programme anticipated.
Council Meeting Minutes 25 June 2018 (697KB)
If you would like to discuss the draft Masterplan, please contact Jennifer Lawley on 9936 8100.
Back to Listing