Ridge Street car park development concept
On 7 December 2015, North Sydney Council resolved to adopt a concept strategy for the future of the Ridge Street car park site.
The adopted concept is inclusive of:
- underground parking
- retail uses fronting Ridge Street and James Place
- recreation space of 6967 square metres, specifically:
- indoor recreation space of 4177 square metres
- four (4) rooftop tennis courts
- various internal spaces available for ancillary or community uses.
Following community feedback and consultation in late 2015, the adopted concept seeks to balance the demonstrated needs of the community, with a built form that minimises impacts upon the parkland, community and heritage surrounds.
Following endorsement, the following steps need to be undertaken:
- The development of a funding plan to facilitate implementation.
- Detailed design will be undertaken to further develop the concept.
- The preparation of a Planning Proposal and accompanying Development Control Plan amendment to ensure the planning framework enables the development of the concept design.
There will be additional opportunity for community input during the Planning Proposal and Development Control Plan amendment process. Development consent will also be required, at which point an additional period of community consultation will be necessary.
The adopted material comprises the following:
Post exhibition report to Council - 7 December 2015 (187MB)
Concept design scheme 1A - November 2015 (2MB)
Initial concept design schemes 1 and 2 - August 2015 (69MB)
Background Council Report (792KB)
If you would like to discuss Council’s future development strategy for Ridge Street car park site, please contact Council’s Strategic Planning Department on 9936 8100.