Venue: Community Hub (terrace function room)
Effective Writing Using Plain English is a workshop designed to help Community Groups get their message across in a clear and effective way.
Key insights include
- How to write great headlines and introductions to improve readability.
- Telling meaningful stories in fewer words and cutting through with inspirational communication.
- Focus, clarify and craft the core message.
- Using plain English to be clear and persuasive.
- Correctly using punctuation and grammar.
Dan Kaufman is an editor with over 20 years of experience. He has edited almost every feature section at The Sydney Morning Herald; worked as an online content specialist, copywriter and workshop presenter; lectured at UTS and University of Sydney; and edited lifestyle, custom and technology magazines.
- Free for Community Groups of North Sydney, Lane Cove and Mosman. Committee Members, Managers and Coordinators, Staff and Volunteers welcome.
- This is an interactive session and questions are encouraged.
- Handouts will be provided for each participant.
Bookings Essential (please book by Friday 6 September 2019)
Meet the Experts - Effective Writing workshop flyer (183KB)
Refreshments will be served on arrival, 6pm for 6.15pm start.
Eric Poulos on 9936 8193 or email@example.com
Carol Sinclair on 9911 3592 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Dianne Page on 9978 4125 or email@example.com