Get Prepared App
Emergencies can happen to anyone. Download the Get Prepared App
Get Prepared helps you connect with your key support people, accomplish simple tasks to make you and your loved ones safer, and protect the things that matter most to you, you can:
- establish a quick and easy network of support with your three key contacts
- review the risks relevant to where you live
- create checklists of actions to make an emergency plan
- save the emergency plan as a PDF to be printed and shared with others.
Co-created by Australian Red Cross and general insurer IAG, to keep your emergency plan close to hand.
Be Safe Not Sorry
In 2015-16 North Sydney Council partnered with NSW Police and the NSW Department of Justice to implement the Be Safe Not Sorry crime prevention initiative. The campaign was a response to a significant increase in stealing from dwellings and identity theft including stealing from mailboxes in the local area.
After one year of monitoring, the initiative was successful with the number of break and enters from a dwelling decreasing by 36% and steal from dwelling down by 22%.
The Be Safe Not Sorry initiative offered residents:
- A free safety audit for homes – done by the Police Crime Prevention Officer, Harbourside Local Area Command
- A free MicroDOT Property Marking Kit to deter & reduce theft.
- A $400 subsidy rebate for any crime prevention works undertaken (no longer available).
Apply for a free MicroDOT Property Marking Kit - call Eric Poulos, North Sydney Council’s Social Planner on 9936 8193. You must be a resident of the North Sydney LGA.
Always report suspicious behaviour, identity theft or crime. Phone NSW Police on 131 444 or Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000. Don't forget to report lost or stolen documents to the organisations that issued them.