Community Ward Forums
*Due to the evolving COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation, Council has cancelled all upcoming Community Ward Forums.*
*This includes the Tunks Ward Forum scheduled for Thursday 19 March 2020 at Norths, Cammeray.*
Find your Ward using the maps below
Tunks Ward (584KB)
Victoria Ward (496KB)
Wollstonecraft Ward (533KB)
Community Ward Forums were established in 2008/09 as a complementary community engagement program to the Precinct System, in-line with Council's Open Government Policy.
The forums are held annually - one forum per Ward.
They are hosted by the Mayor and General Manager.
Residents and businesses have the opportunity to meet their elected representatives and senior Council staff, plus hear about local projects and relevant council issues, and ask questions...
After a hiatus from 2016, on 26 August 2019 Council resolved:
- THAT Council bring back the Ward Forums that were last held in 2015.
- THAT Council reinstate the Ward Forums as per the previous conditions once per year.
- THAT the main objective of the Ward Forums is to engage with the broadest range of individuals and businesses as possible and target those that are not currently engaged with Council.
- THAT an engagement/promotion plan be established in order to achieve the above and the result be assessed and further reported to Council after 6 months.
- THAT Council work with the Precincts as to the timing and content.
On 28 October 2019 Council resolved:
2. THAT the Community Ward Forums be deferred and held between March and June 2020 to facilitate a greater level of publicity and participation.
Subsequently, on 24 February 2020, Council adopted a Community Engagement Strategy (248KB) outlining how these events will be promoted, as well as the updated Community Ward Forums Protocol (135KB) governing event coordination and attendee participation, including Council staff and Councillors.
On 16 March 2020, Council cancelled all upcoming Community Ward Forums due to the evolving COVID-19 (Coronavirus) situation.