NORTH SYDNEY RETIREMENT TRUST
The North Sydney Retirement Trust (“NSRT”) Board oversees the operations of the James Milson Retirement Villages (“JMV”) at North Sydney and Woolwich.
James Milson Village has been in operation for over 47 years and provides care for circa 300 residents across:
- Retirement Living
- Residential Aged Care
- Memory Support
- Respite Care
- Palliative care
Our vision is “To be, and be recognised as, a centre of excellence in services for the ageing.”
The NSRT is a Not for Profit Company, Limited by Guarantee, a registered charity (ACNC) and Public Benevolent Institution. North Sydney Council is a key Stakeholder and under the NSRT Constitution has the right to appoint two Non-Executive Directors to the Company’s Board.
Following a recent retirement, we are currently seeking expressions of interest from the Community for a new Non-Executive Director for our Board. We are looking for particular capabilities / experience in the following areas:
- Aged care experience – operations, policy and strategy
- Clinical governance – geriatrician, medical, nursing, allied health,
- Ideally with previous experience as a Company Director and having undertaken the AICD Company Directors’ Course
It is envisaged, that the role will require at least 16 days (taking into account time for preparation for meetings) to be allocated to it per year, undertaking:
- Regular attendance of scheduled Board meetings either in person or by phone.
- Attend special board meetings that may be called on an ad hoc basis to discuss strategy and special items.
- Sitting on specially constituted committees which may be convened from time to time.
The positions are unpaid. Successful applicants will need to be able to supply a recent Police Criminal Record Check.
Please send your expression of interest – together with supporting credentials – to Rebecca Aukim, Acting Director Community Services, North Sydney Council: Rebecca.Aukim@northsydney.nsw.gov.au
Enquiries can also be made to Paul McPherson, Chairman, North Sydney Retirement Trust on 0411 428 734 or email@example.com
Closing date for applications is COB Friday 16 April 2021.
Back to Listing