NORTH SYDNEY RETIREMENT TRUST
Expressions of Interest are sought to be North Sydney Council’s nominee to the Board. Council’s nominee will carry out the full functions of a non-executive director and ensure that Council’s objectives are met.
The North Sydney Retirement Trust (“NSRT”) Board oversees the operations of the James Milson Retirement Villages (“JMV”) at North Sydney and Woolwich.
James Milson Village has been in operation for over 47 years and provides care for circa 300 residents across:
- Retirement Living
- Residential Aged Care
- Memory Support
- Respite Care
- Palliative care
The NSRT is a Not-for-Profit Company, Limited by Guarantee, a registered charity (ACNC) and Public Benevolent Institution. North Sydney Council is a key Stakeholder and under the NSRT Constitution has the right to appoint two Non-Executive Directors to the Company’s Board.
We are looking for capabilities / experience in the following areas:
- Aged care experience – operations, policy and strategy
- Ideally with previous experience as a Company Director and having undertaken the AICD Company Directors’ Course
- Commitment to the North Sydney Community and capacity to promote Council’s objectives
It is envisaged, that the role will require at least 16 days (taking into account time for preparation for meetings) to be allocated to it per year, undertaking:
- Regular attendance of scheduled Board meetings either in person or by phone.
- Attend special board meetings that may be called on an ad hoc basis to discuss strategy and special items.
- Sitting on specially constituted committees which may be convened from time to time.
The position is voluntary. The successful applicant will need to be able to supply a recent Police Criminal Record Check and a Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate.
To receive an information pack and to send an expression of interest – together with supporting credentials – contact Rebecca Aukim, Acting Director Community Services, North Sydney Council: Rebecca.Aukim@northsydney.nsw.gov.au
For further information, please contact Paul McPherson, Chairman, North Sydney Retirement Trust on 0411 428 734 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Monday 1 November, 11.30pm.
Back to Listing
Posted on 14 October 2021