Council Facilities closed
Following the Prime Minister's announcement, a number of Council facilities have closed until further notice.
- North Sydney Olympic Pool
- Stanton Library
- North Sydney Oval
- The Visitors Centre and Recycling Centre at The Coal Loader
- Don Bank Museum
- Sexton Cottage Museum
- The Men's Shed
- Primrose Park Arts and Craft Centre
- Kirribilli Community Centre
- North Sydney Community Centre
- Crows Nest Community Centre
- Local playgrounds, skate park, outdoor gym and fitness
Essential Council services including waste and recycling collection, street cleaning and park maintenance will continue.
Meals On Wheels and the linen service provided by the community centres will continue.
Stanton Library closed
Stanton Library is closed to the public until further notice. Items on loan will not be due for return during this period, and no fees will be accrued. You may want to take the opportunity to explore our online collection of eBooks, magazines and databases, as well as our range of online children’s resources that are available any time. Below is a sample of the amazing digital collections that Stanton and Shorelink have to offer which are all free. Members simply login with their library card number and password:
Staff have also brought forward the launch of the new Stanton Library app, available now in the App Store and Google Play. Library members can use the app to manage their account and access Digital collections.
Community members can join online if they're not already members and Library staff will contact them with their card details so they can access the full collection of online resources from home.
The Children's librarians at Stanton Library have created a new Instagram account @Stanton_Library where they will present storytimes full of books, songs and silliness.
Library staff will continue to answer email enquiries and provide eLibrary help: firstname.lastname@example.org
North Sydney Oval
North Sydney Oval will be working with venue hirers to ensure that any events at the venue comply with all Government advice regarding COVID-19. At this stage, most events are postponed, including:
- NSW Rugby League competitions has been suspended until at least 31 May.
- Rugby Union competitions have been postponed until the first week of May.
- All AFL programs have been postponed until 31 May.
- Sunset Cinema has been cancelled for the rest of the season.
- Beer Footy and Food Festival hosted by The North Sydney Bears has been postponed.
For all enquiries please contact our North Sydney Oval Manager at (02) 9936 8557 or email@example.com
Back to Listing