While the NSW Government has Covid-19 restrictions in place, some Council services have been altered in order to comply with Public Health Orders.
For the latest health information and details of the latest case locations please visit NSW Health.
Temporary Permits for Outdoor Dining
Council has been speaking with cafés and small businesses in our LGA and understand many have been struggling during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We have listened to your concerns and, to assist with recovery, we are offering free use of public areas, adjacent to existing businesses, for outdoor dining until 30 January 2022. This will help our small businesses get back on their feet and enhance the vibrancy of our local area during the warmer months.
When assessing permit applications, we will need to consider how the public space is currently used, as well as pedestrian access and safety.
If you have open space that you could use, you are invited to express interest by completing the application form below, and emailing it to us at:
A council officer will then visit and assess your proposed dining site.
Download application form (70KB)
Council is continuing to provide all essential services including waste collection, street cleaning, and maintenance of parks, roads, footpaths and public areas.
All parks and playgrounds are open.
We ask users of our Ovals and Parks to adhere to the NSW Government Covid-19 restrictions and maintain social distancing of 1.5m.
Our Customer Service Centre is open.
In accordance with current NSW Health regulations all vistors will be required to:
- Complete a COVID safe check-in on arrival
- wear a face mask at all times
- on arrival show the authorised Council Officer proof of COVID Vaccination or exemption (you can use the COVID-19 Digital Certificate or your immunisation history statement). Visit Service NSW for more information regarding showing proof of your COVID-19 Vaccination.
In accordance with NSW Health Orders, Stanton Library has reopened. Click and Collect from the Library foyer will be available for customers who are not yet able to enter and the Home Library Service for vulnerable people is continuing on a contactless basis.
As per NSW Health Orders, only fully vaccinated visitors aged 16+ and those with documented medical exemptions will be permitted to enter the Library. Children under 16 years of age who are not yet vaccinated must be accompanied by a fully vaccinated member of their household.
All visitors must check in using the Service NSW app and provide documentation of vaccination status to staff. Customers without a smartphone can create a COVID-19 check-in card and print out prior to visiting. The Services Australia website provides guidelines for obtaining proof of your vaccination status.
For unvaccinated visitors who are not yet permitted to enter the Library under the current health orders, please contact library staff by phone or email to arrange collection of library items from the foyer area. Items currently awaiting collection will be held until Monday 18 October.
Reservation and overdue fees will be effective once the library is open. Computer access, printing/photocopying, study areas and JP services will not be available.
When visiting the Library, visitors will be required to bring your library card, check in using the Service NSW app and provide proof of vaccination status, wear a mask and practice safe social distancing. Please stay home if unwell.
Sign up to Stanton eNews to receive email updates. Download the Stanton Library app to manage your account and access the Library’s digital collections, including eBooks, eAudiobooks, digital magazines, databases, films and literacy activities for children.
Coal Loader Centre for Sustainability
The parkland is open.
Please check individual Centre's websites for the most up-to-date information.
- North Sydney Community Centre, visit their website, call 9922 2299 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kirribilli Centre, visit their website, call the centre on 9922 4428 or contact Carl on 0433 927 723.
- Crows Nest Centre, for more information on services please call the Crows Nest Centre on 9439 5122.
- Community Connect Transport, community members can call them on 9490 9500 for more information.
The following services are not currently available:
- Tree inspections - there are no tree inspections
- All Council-managed community centres are currently not taking bookings
- There is no Justice of the Peace service at the Customer Service Centre or Stanton Library. Please refer to the refer to the JP website or Service NSW for available alternatives.
- All volunteer programs, such as Bushcare and Streets Alive and Community Gardens, are not operating.
Public Forum before Council Meeting
While Covid-19 Restrictions are in place, no Public Forums will be held before Council Meetings and the Public Gallery will not open during meetings. Meetings can still be viewed via webcast live, plus a recording is made be available on the next day - you can access the webcast online here.
For all enquiries please contact the Governance Coordinator on 9936 8100, or email@example.com
North Sydney Oval
The oval and function centre are closed.
All food shops are being contacted to ensure they have their QR codes and safety plans in place.
Back to Listing
Posted on 15 October 2021