We have the following Justice of the Peace (JP) hours and services they perform.
By appointment only.
Please ring the phone numbers given below.
Bookings will be available every 10-15 minutes to accommodate social distancing measures and NSW Health Guidelines.
Note that a JP is a volunteer, who may become unavailable, so appointments may be cancelled without notice. Every effort is made to find a replacement JP if the regularly scheduled JP is unavailable.
You will need to show the booking reference (paperless is preferred), or provide ID.
One customer at a time (a carer or co-signer is permitted).
If you do NOT speak/read English please bring an interpreter.
Bring your original document(s) and your own pen.
Maximum of 5 pages only can be presented.
JP Hours at Stanton Library - tel 02 9936 8400
JP Hours at Council Customer Service - tel 02 9936 8100
Mondays 10am-12pm, and 2pm-4pm
A JP can:
- witness Statutory Declarations
- witness an Affidavit
- certify true copies of original documents
A NSW JP can witness interstate documents from another State or Territory where this is also permitted by the law of the other State or Territory.
- Please bring the original document, and provide photocopies for certification. Electronically issued documents can only be certified where they are downloaded and printed from the issuing website in front of the JP. You may therefore wish to bring your own electronic device or use one of the library computers.
Witness a statutory declaration under the NSW Oaths Act 1900, an Australian affidavit, or a Commonwealth of Australia statutory declaration.
- For NSW statutory declarations, please bring photographic identification with you.
Witness signatures on legal documents, and administer oaths as authorised by a NSW legislation.
- If your document does not indicate the relevant NSW Act or Regulation authorising the JP to witness your signature then please find out the details from the issuing body or your legal professional. If the NSW Act or Regulation cannot be identified then the JP will not be able to witness the document for you.
A NSW JP can certify copies of original documents from overseas.
A NSW JP cannot witness the execution of international documents for use overseas (incl "Proof of Life"), instead find and contact a Notary using this locator.
Other nearby JP Services
The Kirribilli Centre - https://www.thekirribillicentre.org, 9922 4428, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Greenwood Plaza - www.greenwoodplaza.com.au/whats-on/offers/free-justice-of-peace-service
If you require a JP elsewhere please access the public register on https://www.jp.nsw.gov.au/ under “Finding a JP”