JP services are available, check details and times, and ring to make an appointment.
We have the following Justice of the Peace (JP) services and hours.
By appointment only.
Please ring the phone numbers given below.
Bookings will be available every 10-15 minutes to accommodate social distancing measures and NSW Health Guidelines.
A JP can:
- witness Statutory Declarations
- witness an Affidavit
- certify true copies of original documents
JP hours - Council Customer Service, bookings essential please call 9936 8100 to book
Monday 2pm - 4pm
Tuesday 10am - 12pm
Thursday 2pm - 4pm
JP hours - Stanton Library, bookings essential please call 9936 8400 to book
Please contact Stanton Library to make an appointment with the JP.
A JP is a volunteer, who may become unavailable, so appointments may be cancelled without notice. Every effort is made to find a replacement JP if the regularly scheduled JP is unavailable.
A NSW JP can witness interstate documents from another State or Territory where this is also permitted by the law of the other State or Territory.
- Please bring the original document, and provide photocopies for certification. Electronically issued documents can only be certified where they are downloaded and printed from the issuing website in front of the JP. You may therefore wish to bring your own electronic device or use one of the library’s computers.
Witness a statutory declaration under the NSW Oaths Act 1900, an Australian affidavit, or a Commonwealth of Australia statutory declaration.
- For NSW statutory declarations, please bring photographic identification with you.
Witness signatures on legal documents and administering oaths as authorised by a NSW legislation.
- If your document does not indicate the relevant NSW Act or Regulation authorising the JP to witness your signature then please find out the details from the issuing body or your legal professional. If the NSW Act or Regulation cannot be identified then the JP will not be able to witness the document for you.
A NSW JP can certify copies of original documents from overseas.
A NSW JP cannot witness the execution of international documents for use overseas (incl "Proof of Life"), instead find and contact a Notary using this locator.
Conditions of Entry
You will need to show the booking reference (paperless is preferred), or provide ID.
One customer at a time (a carer or co-signer is permitted).
If you do NOT speak/read English please bring an interpreter.
Bring your original document(s) and your own pen.
Maximum of 5 pages only can be presented.
Conditions of Entry - Stanton Library
You must register for contract tracing before entering the Library. Where the maximum number of customers has been reached you may be required to queue outside the Library Reference area.
Other nearby JP Services
The Kirribilli Centre - https://www.thekirribillicentre.org, 9922 4428, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Greenwood Plaza - www.greenwoodplaza.com.au/whats-on/offers/free-justice-of-peace-service
If you require a JP elsewhere please access the public register on https://www.jp.nsw.gov.au/ under “Finding a JP”