Councillor Tony Carr
Write: c/- North Sydney Council, PO Box 12, North Sydney, NSW 2059
Declarations of Interest (1MB)
Tony and his family have been property owners in North Sydney since 2002. He holds a Master of Business (Applied Finance) and is a member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors. Tony is a career banker having worked in both the banking and the not for profit industry for the last 30 years. He brings to North Sydney Council a background in finance, strategic business planning, corporate governance and stakeholder management.
Living in the North Sydney Local Government Area Tony and his wife have taken an active interest in the local community. He believes in each member of the community having a voice and the importance of local issues being met by a community-based advocate.
Tony believes it is imperative to enhance the community's sense of place and belonging through increasing North Sydney's identity, whilst preserving its distinctive heritage.
Tony's areas of interest:
- Engage with and value the people of our community.
- Being responsible, proactive and positive.
- Open and transparent decision making.
- Roads, footpath & general maintenance.
- Addressing the current and future parking issues.
- Enhancing North Sydney CBD to restore the lifeblood to our community.