Councillor Zoë Baker
Phone: 0438 857 547
Write: c/- North Sydney Council PO Box 12 North Sydney NSW 2059
Declarations of Interest (174KB)
Zoë was first elected to Council, representing Wollstonecraft Ward, in 2008 and brings energy, intelligence and integrity to her role. She has a passion for urban design and planning and a strong commitment to sustainability and innovation in all aspects of Council decision making. Zoë has championed precinct planning, in particular in the St Leonards/Crows Nest Planning Studies, the Educational Precinct Planning Study and the ESD Best Practice project.
During her time on Council, Zoë has served as:
- Deputy Mayor
- Director, Local Government NSW (2013-2015)
- Chair of Council's Environmental Reference Group
- Established and chaired Council's Educational Institutions Working Group
- Council's Delegate Community Advisory Group - St Leonards Priority Precinct
- Council's Delegate to Northern Sydney Regional Organisation of Council
- Chair, Waverton Peninsula Working Group
- Chair, Council's Sustainable Transport Working Group
Zoë is passionate about North Sydney, highly principled and committed to fiercely representing community interests on Council. She was motivated to stand for election in order to make a difference to her community, in particular on planning and environmental issues.
Zoë is married with a daughter who attends a local primary school. She has an Honours degree in Government from the University of Sydney and holds a Certificate of Excellence in Local Government.
Zoë is an independent and has never been a member of a political party.