In accordance with Integrated Planning and Reporting statutory requirements Council prepares a Resourcing Strategy.
Only strategies that are the responsibility of Council are addressed in the:
Resourcing Strategy (10MB)
The North Sydney Community Strategic Plan 2018-2028 expresses the community's long-term aspirations, but these cannot be achieved without sufficient resources (time, money, assets and people) to carry them out.
To achieve aspirations - strategies define the resources needed, which can be the responsibility of Council, but may also involve other levels of government, community groups or individuals.
Council's Resourcing Strategy consists of three inter-related components:
- Long-term financial plan.
- Asset management strategy.
- Workforce management strategy.
1. Long Term Financial Plan
This plan reflects Council's desire and capacity to deliver the strategies, initiatives, works and programs identified in the Community Strategic Plan and Delivery Program (15MB). The Long Term Financial Plan is underpinned by Council’s Financial Management Policy (156KB). The plan includes:
- projected income and expenditure, balance sheet and cash flow statement
- planning assumptions used to develop the plan
- sensitivity analysis - highlights factors/assumptions most likely to affect the plan
- financial modelling for three different scenarios
- methods of monitoring financial performance.
Council has resolved to adopt Scenario 3 of the Long Term Financial Plan. Hence the financial estimates in the Delivery Program are based on Scenario 3. The plan was subsequently amended and readopted on 29 January 2019 following public exhibition in conjunction with Council's proposed SRV application.
2. Asset Management Strategy
Council has a significant portfolio of community infrastructure assets under its care and control. The Asset Management Strategy accounts for and plans for all of the existing assets under its ownership, and any new asset solutions proposed in the Community Strategic Plan and Delivery Program.
The Asset Management Strategy is underpinned by Council’s Asset Management Policy (124KB) and sub-plans (Asset Management Plans per asset class) that identify all built assets under Council's ownership and outline risk management strategies for them.
3. Workforce Management Strategy
Council’s Workforce Management Strategy addresses the human resourcing requirements of its Delivery Program. It ensures Council has the people best able to achieve its strategic direction and deliver appropriate services effectively and efficiently. The plan includes:
- analysis of current workforce and identification of gaps
- forecasts of workforce requirements
- strategies to address gaps
- methods of periodic monitoring and evaluation.
For more information or hard copies of these documents contact Council's Manager Integrated Planning and Special Projects on 9936 8100.