About the Program
Imperfect Low Waste Living (ILWL) looks at:
- reducing packaging waste through smarter shopping
- reducing food waste by being kitchen-clever
- reducing our toxic load in the home when cleaning simply by making better choices.
In July 2022, 30 North Sydney residents who want to reduce their household waste by using easy low-waste, low-tox solutions are in the program.
The four week program focuses on one key area of the house per week, and is to fit within the means, ability, energy, access, and time - of the participants who will be reducing their waste in no time!
The 2022 program is now CLOSED
If you would like to be notified when the next program opens in July 2023 please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Online low waste living course (four modules) developed by low-waste, plastic-free advocate and educator, Sarah Tait from Wanderlightly.
- Participants are required to complete a course module each week so you can learn, grow and discuss with your fellow low waste comrades at the same time.
- Estimated time to complete the online course will be between 6-12 hours across the month of July.
- Two facilitated 'live tutorial sessions' on Zoom which you will get the chance to recap each module and discuss in more detail with Sarah, two in-person sessions, open Q&A during the course and participant project sharing.
- Free bees wax wraps and other no waste supplies.
- Commit to completing the online course in the month of July (all four modules) and complete any tasks and questions for the week.
- Attend the introductory in-person session on Monday 4 July from 6pm-9pm at the Coal Loader Centre for Sustainability where you will get to meet your fellow waste warriors, make your own bees wax wraps and get hands on with other waste free initiatives.
- Participate in all two online Zoom tutorial sessions each Monday in July on Monday 11 July 6:30pm-7:30pm and Monday 18 July 6:30pm-7:30pm. Attend the final in-person session of the course on Monday 1 August 6pm-9pm.
- Conduct a waste audit of your home before the program begins (step-by-step instructions provided).
- Complete a one page case study at the end of the course and share your learnings with your classmates.
Council will provide hands-on making-creating workshops, two online classes, and materials and supplies to assist in reducing waste.
Beeswax wraps and soaps, a comprehensive learning guide for each module, and over 50 DIY recipes from home cleaning to creating gorgeous healthy skin-food products to nourish both yourself and family... you will feel supported every step of the way.
You will also receive guided facilitation and group discussion each week and join the ILWL alumni with exclusive access to future workshops/webinars and events on low waste living.