We are looking for 25 North Sydney residents (live, work or study in North Sydney) who are looking to reduce their household waste by using easy low-waste and low-tox solutions as part of Plastic Free July.
This four week program that focus on one key area per week to fit within your means, ability, energy, access and time, you will be reducing your waste in no time!
The ILWL program will look at reducing your packaging waste through healthier shopping practices, your food waste by being more mindful in the kitchen and tackling our toxic load in the home, bathroom and cleaning by choosing better.
With weekly online workshops, a comprehensive guide for each module and over 50 DIY recipes from home cleaning to creating gorgeous healthy skin food products that nourish both yourself and family you will feel supported every step of the way.
The course includes the following:
- Online low waste course (4 modules) developed by low waste and plastic free advocate and educator, Sarah Tait from Wanderlightly.
- Participants can complete this course at their own pace and on their own time although you are encouraged to complete a module each week so you can learn, grow and discuss with your fellow low waste comrades each week.
- Estimated time to complete the online course will be between 6-12 hours across July.
- Three facilitated 'live tutorial sessions' via Zoom which you will get the chance to recap each module and discuss in more detail with Sarah, open Q&A and participant project sharing.
- Free bees wax wraps, 50 DIY recipes from home cleaning to healthy skin products and home based challenges to suit your own personal interest.
- Commit to completing the online course in July (all four modules) and complete any tasks and questions for the week.
- Attend the introductory in-person session on Monday 5 July from 6pm-8pm at the Coal Loader Centre for Sustainability where you will get to meet your fellow waste warriors, make your own bees wax wraps and get hands-on with other waste-free initiatives.
- Participate then in all three online Zoom tutorial sessions on the following Mondays in July, 6.30-7.30pm: 12 July, 19 July, 26 July.
- Conduct a waste audit of your home before the program begins (step-by-step instructions provided).
- Complete a one page case study at the end of the course and share your learnings with your classmates.
The application process requires you to complete the questions below. This will provide us with more information on who you are and why you want to be involved. Responses to these questions will determine the lucky 25 individuals who will get to be part of the 2021 Imperfect Low Waste Living course!
Please try to be as detailed as possible with your answers so that we can better understand your motivations for joining the program and so that we can best meet your program needs.
Sign up here to start reducing your waste!