Venue: The Coal Loader Centre for Sustainability
Aboriginal History and Culture Tours/Workshop
The Coal Loader, together with the Aboriginal Heritage Office, and Koori Kinnections, are hosting free cultural tours and workshops each season in 2021.
The tours and workshops will vary in theme and cover a wealth of topics including:
- The indigenous cultural heritage of the land on which The Coal Loader Centre for Sustainability is located.
- A ‘hands-on' session with traditional Aboriginal tools, weapons and resources.
- Discussions around the significance of the Aboriginal rock engraving on site.
- A guided walk through the site’s newly invigorated Bush Tucker garden to learn about traditional and contemporary uses of native plants.
- A walk to the harbour look-out to learn about the traditional use of waterways, resources gathered from the harbour, local Aboriginal history and significance of Sydney's harbour islands.
- How Aboriginal culture embodies sustainability and directly relates to The Coal Loader’s motto: Learn from the past, embrace the future.
Upcoming dates to be confirmed.