The Bower Reuse & Repair Centre
The Bower reuse and repair centre accepts household furniture, bikes, some electronic appliances and building materials, bric-a-brac, kitchenware and books.
Contact the Bower - www.bower.org.au/collections
The Bower can also advise you find other charities and organisations who will accept other goods such as large and bulky items, mattresses, bulky whitegoods, clothing and textiles.
Consult their reuse database at - www.bower.org.au
The Bower can accept the following items:
- furniture - chairs, tables, wardrobes etc (no chipboard or mdf)
- electrical appliances - in-tact. Fittings such as sockets, leads, conduit, light bulbs
- kitchenware - pots, pans, crockery, glassware etc including appliances such as juicers, toasters.
- bric a brac - ornaments, stationery, decorative items
- sports and leisure equipment such as camping chairs, tents, tennis racquets, surf boards
- bikes and bike parts so long as they are not broken or rusted beyond repair
- hardware & tools- power tools, hand tools, nails, hinges, door knobs etc
- timber - usable lengths of 1metre or more
- doors - Hollow core, solid timber, glass panel, leadlight, fly screen, security, garden gate.
- windows/Glass - must be in a frame and glass must not be broken.
- gardening - corrugated iron sheets, lattice, hoses, garden pots, watering systems, tools, plants etc
- paint - usable paint, tins at least half full
- plumbing - sinks, taps. shower heads, pvc pipe, fittings
- tiles and pavers - in tact. Tiles must be in boxes, not loose.
Sorry, The Bower cannot accept the following items:
- furniture made using chipboard or MDF
- dirty/ripped/stained lounges and sofas
- washing machines and dishwashers
- old bulky televisions (CRT)
- baby/children’s items - cots, prams, toys
- kitchen fitouts and large goods - stoves, microwaves, large fridges and freezers
- pianos and organs
- fitness equipment - walking machines, rowers, cross-trainers, ab-busters
- encyclopaedias and magazines.