At the Community Recycling Centre (CRC) you can drop off a lot of household problem waste that cannot go in your kerbside bins.
This is a free service.
8 Waltham Street, Artarmon
Mon, Tues and Friday 8am - 2pm
Saturday and Sunday 8am - 4pm
CLOSED on ALL public holidays, Good Friday, Easter Sunday/Monday.
Community Recycling Centre (CRC) update - 30 June 2020
The CRC is currently open with a COVIDSAFE plan in place to allow physical distancing and limit the number of people dropping off items simultaneously. The CRC is open during its normal operating hours (no bookings/appointments needed).
To ensure the safety of staff, residents and members of the community, please be aware of the following measures in place:
- All CRC customers are to remain in their vehicles until directed to enter the drop-off area by a staff member.
- Only enter when the boom gate is lifted for your car by a staff member. Please drive in slowly as cars may be queued in the driveway.
- All CRC customers are required to self-unload their items without any assistance from staff. Customers should bring someone along to assist if required.
- All CRC customers must maintain physical distancing when unloading and depositing items in the respective cages.
You can drop off the following items for FREE, but only household quantity (maximum 20 litres or 20kg):
- paint (oil and water-based)
- gas bottles
- fire extinguishers
- fluorescent, halogen, LED - globes and tubes
- electronic waste (eg. computers, TVs, small electrical appliances), please remove plastic packaging on CDs/DVDs
- household batteries
- lead acid batteries (eg. car, motorbike batteries)
- motor oils and others (incl cooking oil)
- smoke detectors
- mobile phones
- x-ray films
- printer cartridges BUT sorry only these brands: Brother, Canon, Dell, Epson, HP, Konica Minolta, Kyocera, Lexmark, Roland, Samsung, Sharp, Toshiba
NOT accepted items
White goods (fridges etc).
Household chemicals and cleaners, motor fuels, acids and alkalis, garden and hobby chemicals, try - www.cleanout.com.au
Visit us in Artarmon!
Why use the CRC?
Most of the items accepted at the CRC can be reused or recycled. By sorting our waste and taking it to a recycling centre, we are:
- keeping potentially hazardous waste out of landfill
- helping improve recycling rates and
- saving water, energy and other valuable natural resources.
Around 4 tonnes of hazardous waste is collected each weekend and more than 3 tonnes of e-waste is collected each week. This potentially toxic waste is diverted from landfill and sent for recycling and processing.
Please handle and transport your materials carefully and safely. Protect your vehicle by placing items on a protective sheet or tray in the boot to capture any leaks or breaks.
Northern Sydney Community Recycling Centre (CRC) is partnered by these NSROC Councils: Hunters Hill Council, Lane Cove Council, Mosman Council, North Sydney Council, Ryde City Council, Willoughby Council,