We have the following Justice of the Peace (JP) services and hours
- witnessing Statutory Declarations
- certifying true copies of original documents.
A maximum of 10 documents can be presented and if certified copies are required the copy should be provided.
1. JP Hours - Council Customer Service
Tuesday 2pm - 4pm
Wednesday 2pm - 4pm
Thursday 2pm - 4pm
2. JP Hours - Stanton Library
Monday 1.00pm - 4pm
Tuesday 12pm - 2pm
Wednesday 12.30pm - 3.30pm
Thursday 4pm - 6pm
Friday 1pm - 3pm
Saturday 1pm - 3pm
A Justice of the Peace (JP) can assist you by:
Certifying copies of documents as true copies.
- Please bring a clear and complete photocopy of the document with the original for certification. Electronically issued documents can only be certified where they are downloaded and printed from the issuing website in front of the JP. You may therefore wish to bring your own electronic device or use one of the library’s computers.
Witnessing a statutory declaration under the NSW Oaths Act 1900, an Australian affidavit or a Commonwealth of Australia statutory declaration.
- For NSW statutory declarations, please bring photographic identification with you. If you do not speak or read English please bring someone to interpret for you.
Witnessing signatures on legal documents and administering oaths as authorised by a NSW legislation.
- If your document does not indicate the relevant NSW Act or NSW Regulation authorising the JP to witness your signature then please find out the details from the issuing body or your legal professional. If the NSW Act or NSW Regulation cannot be identified then the JP will not be able to witness the document for you.
The JP is unable to witness signatures on international documents. Contact a Notary for this purpose: Notary Locator
Other Justice of the Peace
Please contact Kirribilli Neighbourhood Centre, tel 9922 4428 or email@example.com
Also, Greenwood Plaza - please contact directly.