Community Uses on Council Land Study
On 14 June 2016, North Sydney Council resolved to adopt concept strategies under the Community Uses on Council Land project. The project seeks to plan for the future of the following Council assets:
- Barry Street car park
located at 68-70 Barry Street, Neutral Bay
- Neutral Bay Community Centre
located at 190-192 Military Road, Neutral Bay
- Holtermann Street car park
located at 13-25 Holtermann Street, Crows Nest
The adopted concepts envisage a variety of community uses for the future of each site, as a means of best practice asset planning.
Following community feedback and consultation in May 2016, the adopted concepts seek to balance demonstrated needs of the community with built form outcomes that minimise impacts upon surrounds.
The adopted material comprises the following:
Following Council endorsement of 14 June 2016, the following steps need to be undertaken:
- The development of funding plans to facilitate implementation.
- Detailed design will be undertaken to further develop each concept.
- The preparation of a Planning Proposal and accompanying Development Control Plan amendment to ensure the planning framework enables the development of each concept design.
For each site there will be additional opportunity for community input during the Planning Proposal and Development Control Plan amendment processes. Development consent will also be required, at which point an additional period of community consultation will be necessary for each site.
If you would like to discuss the concept design options, please contact Scott Williamson of Council’s Strategic Planning Department on 9936 8100.
Barry St car park
Neutral Bay Community Centre
Holtermann Street car park