The construction of the Northern Beaches B-line project resulted in a loss of parking on Military Road. In response to community feedback, Council is providing 15 minutes free on-street parking on Parraween Street, Cremorne for a 12-month trial, as per the decision of Council at its Meeting on Monday 26 August 2019.
What you need to know
- To obtain free parking, park at a metered bay on Parraween St, Cremorne. Select your bay number at the parking meter and press F1 to activate the free parking.
- After activating the free parking, you can check when your free parking expires by selecting your bay number on the parking meter and it will display on the screen
- Note that your 15 minutes free parking time starts when your vehicle enters the space, not when you go to the parking meter.
- If you intend to stay longer, the 15 minutes free parking will be forfeited when you make a payment at the meter for the time you need.
- Note these parking meters do not dispense tickets. Parking is electronically monitored.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get my 15 minutes free parking?
Go to the parking meter, select your bay number and press F1 to activate the free parking. Note that the 15 minutes free parking starts when your vehicle enters the space and not when you press F1 at the meter.
How can I tell if 15 minutes free parking is available where I parked?
All metered parking spaces in Parraween Street will include 15 minutes free parking. A 1/4P FREE label will be displayed on the street signage and on the parking meter.
Can I top up my free parking for more free parking?
No. There are parking sensors in the ground (linked to the parking meter) which will not allow you to top-up more free parking once the 15 minutes has elapsed.
What if I want to stay longer than 15 minutes?
If you intend to stay longer, the 15 minutes free parking will be forfeited when you make a payment at the meter for the time you need. You will need to pay the full price of parking.
What if I stay for 15 minutes and realise I need more time?
If you require more time, you can return to the parking meter and pay the regular fee to stay longer. However, you can only pay up to the maximum time signposted, minus the free time already used. For example, if you enter a 2P parking space, use the free parking and decide to come back after 15 minutes to pay for more time, you will only be able to pay for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
Can I get 15 minutes free parking during the prepay period?
No, the 15 minutes free parking cannot be included in your prepay period.
Will I get booked for not displaying a ticket?
No, these parking meters do not dispense tickets. Parking is electronically monitored.
Where can I provide feedback on this trial?
You can provide feedback on the trial by visiting Council's Have Your Say page.
Submissions close 31 August 2021
Please note that all comments received will be considered, however it is not intended to reply to individual respondents.