Each year avid gardeners and proud green thumbs are invited to show their creative gardening flair...
ENTER NOW online
During online entry, you will be asked:
- nominate a judging time: 1 hour timeslot, 8.30am - 3.30pm, weekdays 11-22 September
- which category you are entering (listed below).
Entries close Friday 4 September, 5pm
Gardeners that enter the competition are then invited to our gala presentation on 10 October held at the North Sydney Oval function centre where it is hosted by a local celebrity (for instance Costa Georgiadis).
Entry is free and open to all residents in the North Sydney local government area.
You are welcome to enter more than one category and at the judges discretion your garden may automatically be judged in categories other than the one entered.
Have a look at the 2016 North Sydney Garden Competition winners and presentation night, it was a lot of fun!
Winning Gardens 2016 (34MB)
Presentation Gala 2016 (24MB)
There is an awards category to suit just about every garden, from the tiniest of balconies right through the biggest backyard jungle. And even those that don’t have a patch of soil to work can get involved. A division for Council gardens allows the public to nominate then vote for their favourite public garden.
Back to Listing
- Most beautiful balcony / courtyard
- Most environmentally friendly garden
- Most beautiful commercial garden
- Most beautiful garden
- single dwelling
- shared or multi-dwelling
- Most beautiful public area maintained by residents (Lex and Ruby Graham Prize)
- Best children’s garden
- Best urban forest garden
- Best edible garden
- The People’s Choice Award for Most beautiful Public Garden maintained by Council