Schools Environment Network North Sydney
Historically, SENNS was a network for teachers and school environment committees, to link professionals, and exchange information.
In 2014, the network became a student-focused and run forum which aims to engage students in leadership and mentoring for sustainability, in turn strongly supported by educators and their environment committees.
2017 Term 4 Network Meeting
Wednesday November 1st - 3:30pm-5:00pm
An end of year celebration and catch up held at the Coal Loader Centre for Sustainability.
- Sneak preview and guided tour of the new platform and green rood development
- Kokedama workshop - Learn the ancient Japanese art and make and take one home
- Race Around the World Sustainability Challenge
- School catch up and sharing
Catering will be provided on the day
- An informal forum where students (and some teachers) can discuss environmental initiatives and projects;
- Easy to understand information about government grants, rebates and programs;
- An opportunity to share learning and experiences relating to sustainability and environmental education;
- Efficient ways to seek resources;
- Partnership opportunities between schools and other organisations;
- Leadership and mentoring opportunities for students;
- A great way to celebrate achievements.
And for educators specifically:
- Professional development opportunities relating to environment and sustainability education.
- Practical ideas to integrate environmental education into the curriculum.
SENNS is an open and welcoming network that encourages students and educators to share, learn and work together on sustainability projects in a fun and exciting way!
We have a great mix of primary and secondary schools, involving teachers, parents and students from most of the schools in our local government area.
SENNS Member Schools
To be on the SENNS network mailing list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 9936 8100.