Hire the Coal Loader
Address: 2 Balls Head Drive, Waverton NSW 2060
Tel: (02) 9936 8100
Fax: (02) 9936 8474
More information: services and facilities of the Coal Loader
The Coal Loader Centre for Sustainability is a community resource dedicated to facilitating education, engagement and capacity building in all facets of environmental sustainability. Bookings by external parties for activities that are consistent with this purpose, the Vision and Objectives below, and Council objectives as outlined in the 2020 Community Strategic Plan are welcomed and encouraged.
The vision for the Coal Loader is to operate a high quality facility that will educate and inspire the wider community to put sustainable living ideas into practice. The objectives of the Coal Loader are to:
- Operate an innovative, high quality learning facility that meets the needs of the community.
- Showcase sustainable design/principles that are realistic and transferable to residential stock.
- Bring together best available knowledge and expertise to build community awareness and understanding of sustainable living.
- Support and lead the way towards a more sustainable future.
- Facilitate community collaboration, leadership and participation.
It has two areas for hire:
- the Mess Hall, and
- the Genia McCaffery Centre for Sustainability main meeting room.
The Genia McCaffery Centre for Sustainability has valuable educational resources and as a result, activities that are not directly related to the site's primary function (eg. weddings, parties etc) will not be considered.
The Mess Hall can be booked for functions, meetings and classes for groups up to 25 persons.