Community Recycling Centre
At the Community Recycling Centre (CRC) you can drop off a lot of household problem waste that cannot go in your kerbside bins.
This is a free service.
8 Waltham Street, Artarmon
Saturday and Sunday 8am - 4pm
Monday, Tuesday and Friday 8am - 2pm
CLOSED on ALL public holidays, Good Friday, Easter Sunday/Monday
You can drop off the following items for FREE, but only household quantity (maximum 20 litres or 20kg):
- paint (oil and water based)
- gas bottles
- fire extinguishers
- fluorescent light globes and tubes
- electronic waste (eg. computers, TVs, small electrical appliances), white goods are not accepted, please remove plastic covers on CDs/DVDs and any plastic or cardboard packaging
- household batteries
- lead acid batteries (eg. car & motorbike batteries)
- motor oils and others (including cooking oil)
- smoke detectors
- mobile phones
- printer cartridges
- x-ray films
NOT accepted items
Household chemicals, household cleaners, motor fuels, acids and alkalis, garden and hobby chemicals: will not be accepted, they must be taken to a Household Chemical CleanOut event. Find your closest event www.cleanout.com.au
Visit us in Artarmon!
Why use the CRC?
Most of the items accepted at the CRC can be reused or recycled. By sorting our waste and taking it to a recycling centre, we are:
- keeping potentially hazardous waste out of landfill
- helping improve recycling rates and
- saving water, energy and other valuable natural resources.
Approximately 4 tonnes of hazardous waste is collected each weekend and more than 3 tonnes of e-waste is collected each week. This potentially toxic waste is diverted from landfill and sent for recycling and processing.
Please handle and transport your materials carefully and safely. Protect your vehicle by placing items on a protective sheet or tray in the boot to capture any leaks or breaks.
Northern Sydney Community Recycling Centre (CRC) is partnered by NSROC Councils: Hunters Hill Council, Lane Cove Council, Mosman Council, North Sydney Council, Ryde City Council, Willoughby Council,