Community Recycling Centre
At the Community Recycling Centre (CRC) you can drop off household problem waste that cannot go in your kerbside bins.
This is a free service.
8 Waltham Street, Artarmon
Saturday and Sunday: 8am - 4pm
Monday, Tuesday and Friday: 8am - 2pm
(*Xmas closure is Sunday 24 December 1pm, until Tuesday 2 January, 8am)
You can drop off the following items for FREE:
- Paint (oil and water based)
- Gas bottles
- Fire extinguishers
- Fluorescent light globes and tubes
- Electronic Waste (eg. computers, TVs, electronic equipment and small electrical appliances) White goods are not accepted.
- Household batteries
- Lead Acid Batteries eg car & motorbike batteries
- Motor and other oils (including cooking oil)
- Smoke detectors
- Mobile phones
- X-ray films
Only household quantities of the above materials will be accepted. This is equivalent to a maximum of 20 litres or 20kg for each of the items listed above.
Household chemicals such as household cleaners, motor fuels, acids and alkalis, garden and hobby chemicals will not be accepted at the CRC. These items must be taken to a Household Chemical CleanOut event. Find your closest event www.cleanout.com.au
Storing and transporting your wastes
Please handle and transport your materials carefully and safely. Protect your vehicle by placing items on a protective sheet or tray in the boot to capture any leaks or breaks.
Why use the CRC?
Most of the items accepted at the CRC can be reused or recycled. By sorting our waste and taking it to a recycling centre, we are:
- keeping potentially hazardous waste out of landfill
- helping improve recycling rates and
- saving water, energy and other valuable natural resources.
Approximately 4 tonnes of hazardous waste is collected each weekend and more than 3 tonnes of e-waste is collected each week. This potentially toxic waste is diverted from landfill and sent for recycling and processing. (2017)
Agreeing to establish the Northern Sydney Community Recycling Centre (CRC) were five NSROC Councils: Willoughby Council, Lane Cove Council, Ryde City Council, Hunters Hill Council and North Sydney Council.