Green Waste Clean Up
Every second Monday (dates below) there is a Council pickup for green waste items.
There are two ways to book your pick up on the next available date:
For single residences only 2m2 (like a small box-trailer load) is allowed, and 0.5m2 for each unit in multi-unit residences.
Please put waste outside the boundary of the property (or within 2m of an entrance).
Your waste must not be placed out earlier than the Sunday before collection on Monday morning.
Green waste presented in unsuitable containers such as cardboard boxes, plastic or hessian bags; the yellow lid recycling bin or red lid general waste bin will not be collected.
- tree loppings up to 7.5cm in diameter and 1.2m in length
- tree branches and prunings must be tied in bundles
- leaves and grass - loose material must be placed in sturdy, hand held bins marked "green garden waste", or a green garden waste wheelie bin (up to 240L)
- thorns in palms or branches must be in a green waste bin/container - not bundled or loose
- pine Christmas trees (non-artificial) can go in green waste
Items Not Accepted
- tree stumps
- untied loppings exceeding 7.5cm in diameter and 1.2m in length
- building materials, such as timber or bricks
- food waste, including vegetables and fruit
- soils and stones
Green waste Bin Application
If you wish to purchase your own green waste wheelie bin, Click on the link below:
Online form: Green Garden Waste Bin form
This form should be filled in and submitted online, and you will also need to make a secure payment online ($100).
Please do not use a wheely-bin purchased from hardware stores for they are not compatible with truck loading mechanisms and will be rejected.
2019 Collection Dates
Mon 14 Jan
Mon 28 Jan
Mon 11 Feb
Mon 25 Feb
Mon 11 Mar
Mon 25 Mar
Mon 08 Apr
Mon 22 Apr
Mon 06 May
Mon 20 May
Mon 03 June
Mon 17 June
Mon 01 July
Mon 15 July
Mon 29 July
Mon 12 Aug
Mon 26 Aug
Mon 09 Sep
Mon 23 Sep
Mon 07 Oct
Mon 21 Oct
Mon 04 Nov
Mon 18 Nov
Mon 02 Dec
Mon 16 Dec
Mon 30 Dec