Green Waste Clean Up
Every second Monday (dates below) there is a Council pickup for green waste items.
There are two ways to book your pick up on the next available date:
For single residences only 2m2 (like a small box-trailer load) is allowed, and 0.5m2 for each unit in multi-unit residences.
Please put waste outside the boundary of the property (or within 2m of an entrance).
Your waste must not be placed out earlier than the Sunday before collection on Monday morning.
Green waste presented in unsuitable containers such as cardboard boxes, plastic or hessian bags; the yellow lid recycling bin or red lid general waste bin will not be collected.
- tree loppings up to 7.5cm in diameter and 1.2m in length
- tree branches and prunings must be tied in bundles
- leaves and grass - loose material must be placed in sturdy, hand held bins marked "green garden waste", or a green garden waste wheelie bin (up to 240L)
- thorns in palms or branches must be in a green waste bin/container - not bundled or loose
- pine Christmas trees (non-artificial) can go in green waste
Items Not Accepted
- tree stumps
- untied loppings exceeding 7.5cm in diameter and 1.2m in length
- building materials, such as timber or bricks
- food waste, including vegetables and fruit
- soils and stones
Green waste Bin Application
If you wish to purchase your own green waste wheelie bin, Click on the link below:
Online form: Green Garden Waste Bin form
This form should be filled in and submitted online, and you will also need to make a secure payment online ($100).
Please do not use a wheelie bin purchased from hardware stores for they are not compatible with truck loading mechanisms and will be rejected.
2019 Collection Dates
2020 Collection Dates
|Mon 13 January
Mon 27 January
Mon 10 February
Mon 24 February
Mon 09 March
Mon 23 March
Mon 06 April
Mon 20 April
Mon 04 May
Mon 18 May
Mon 01 June
Mon 15 June
Mon 29 June
|Mon 13 July
Mon 27 July
Mon 10 August
Mon 24 August
Mon 07 September
Mon 21 September
Mon 05 October
Mon 19 October
Mon 02 November
Mon 16 November
Mon 30 November
Mon 14 December
Mon 28 Dec