Rubbish is collected Monday to Friday mornings in two bins: red and yellow lid bins.
Find your collection day (map tool)
The general waste service is one red lid 80 litre bin per week for each residential premises.
The general waste service is one 240 litre bin per four units in a shared complex.
Please put your bin out the night before collection day, near the kerb, but where it doesn't block the community.
- If you are a new owner, please confirm your new waste charges correspond with the bin you're using in your new home.
- There is a strict limit to the number of waste bins or wheelie bins that each property is entitled to have emptied.
- Cardboard boxes, rubbish bags or any other waste receptacles other than the approved bin for a house or unit will not be emptied.
- Any bin which is in a condition likely to cause injury will not be emptied.
- We recommend that you number your waste bin(s) clearly to avoid a charge for someone else's extra garbage.
- Red lid bins are emptied manually, so bins overloaded or that exceed size limits will not be emptied unless excess waste has been arranged (see below).
- Please do not use a wheely-bin purchased from hardware stores for they are not compatible with truck loading mechanisms and will be rejected.
For comingled recycling one 140 litre free yellow-lid bin is allocated to each property and collected on the same collection day and is for comingled recycling. Please ensure containers are clean, dry and empty. Remove lids from bottles and jars and flatten cardboard boxes. NO plastic bags.
View what items are accepted or not accepted (3MB)
The standard service is charged a standard flat fee, to check fees (incl pensioner) go to our fees & charges and search on the words "domestic waste".
One-off disposal of excess rubbish - purchase an excess waste sticker from us (ring us or come in) to stick on an extra 80 litre standard bin (or it will not be emptied), and if you are a tenant sharing an extra 240 litre mobile bin then stick on three paid stickers. To check fees go to our fees & charges and search on the words "domestic waste".
Ongoing increase to your waste service - to use larger than a red-lid 80 litre bin, or additional bin, please complete an Excess Domestic Waste Service form below, and contact us when you buy your bin. If you are a tenant then apply through your agent or property owner. To check fees go to our fees & charges and search on the words "domestic waste".
Use our form to apply online:
Ongoing excess Domestic Waste
or download and print a paper form:
Excess Domestic Waste - single dwelling (210KB)
Excess Domestic Waste - multi dwelling (273KB)
We also have FREE pickup service, on alternate Mondays, that needs to be booked for: Household clean up and Green clean up.
Where does our Waste go?
North Sydney Council sends its
- comingled recycling goes to VISY
- general waste to Suez Artarmon Resource Recovery Centre. This waste is then bulked-up and sent to Suez Lucas Heights Landfill.
- green waste to Suez Belrose Resource Recovery Centre. The green waste is processed and turned into compost for landscaping applications.
Businesses are advised that they should contact a commercial waste contractor regarding any trade waste or recycling for their premises.