Every second Monday (dates below) there is a Council pickup for residential household items.
There are two ways to book your pick up on the next available date:
For single residences only 2m2 (like a small box-trailer load) is allowed, and 0.5m2 for each unit in multi-unit residences.
Please put waste outside the boundary of the property (or within 2m of an entrance).
Your waste must not be placed out earlier than the Sunday before collection on Monday morning.
Small and light items should be put in unwanted containers such as cardboard boxes or plastic bags, and these will be taken as part of the clean up.
E-waste is not accepted in this clean up (please use the CRC).
- carpet (in rolls no greater than 1.2m in length)
- glass (wrap and tape in an old sheet or blanket)
- small appliances such as microwaves
- white goods such as a fridge, stove, washing machine, dryers
White goods must not weigh more than 90kg, tape or tie them shut so a person or property cannot get trapped inside them, or detach the door!
Items Not Accepted
- kitchen food scraps
- soils, stones, concrete,
- building wastes ie. kitchen/laundry/bathroom and other renovation material/rubble, treated timber, and wooden or other type pallets
- liquid waste, paint
- motor vehicle body and parts (including tyres)
- oversized items such as hills hoists, baths, sinks, vanities, laundry tubs/sinks, toilets, commercial size fridges, etc.
- green waste is not accepted instead use the Green Waste clean up.
- recyclable materials such as cardboard, glass
Other Items? Or try rehoming
If you are unsure about an item - checkout our A to Z of Waste & recycling.
Before you throw it out, why not resell, give away, or swap - try this list of rehoming options.
2019 Collection Dates
Mon 07 Jan
Mon 21 Jan
Mon 04 Feb
Mon 18 Feb
Mon 04 Mar
Mon 18 Mar
Mon 01 Apr
Mon 15 Apr
Mon 29 Apr
Mon 13 May
Mon 27 May
Mon 10 June
Mon 24 June
Mon 08 July
Mon 22 July
Mon 05 Aug
Mon 19 Aug
Mon 02 Sep
Mon 16 Sep
Mon 30 Sep
Mon 14 Oct
Mon 28 Oct
Mon 11 Nov
Mon 25 Nov
Mon 09 Dec
Mon 23 Dec