Did you know there is a free graffiti removal service for private property owners in the North Sydney Council area?
North Sydney Council has offered the service since September 2006, subject to the following limitations:
- Graffiti can be seen from a public road, public park or other land that the general public is allowed to use.
- Its removal can safely be undertaken by a two-person crew without the aid of scaffolding or other specialised lifting equipment.
- Its removal can safely be undertaken with limited traffic control equipment that can be reasonably carried in the vehicle being used by the two-person crew.
- To participate in the program, the property owner needs to sign an agreement with North Sydney Council, please download the form below.
To request that graffiti be removed from Council-owned property, please:
- Phone Council on 9936 8100
- Email Council on email@example.com
- Write to Council at The General Manager, North Sydney Council, PO Box 12, North Sydney NSW 2059
North Sydney Council Pamphlet
To assist in the management of graffiti on private property Council publishes a graffiti solutions pamphlet available for download below.
This covers both protection and removal. Download the pamphlet below, or phone, write or call Council for your free copy or ask next time you visit us.
Graffiti NSW Website
This website (related link below) is managed by the Crime Prevention Division of the Attorney General & Justice Department. It has fact sheets and advice on how to remove, reduce and prevent graffiti vandalism on public and private property.
North Sydney Council Graffiti Management Plan
Unwanted graffiti can seriously affect property values, community well-being, and civic pride.
With the active cooperation of local residents, we endeavour to quickly remove graffiti from Council and privately-owned properties. It is important to send out a strong message that Council facilities are well maintained and cared for, and to minimise any satisfaction that illegal graffito's might gain from peer recognition of their vandalism.
Under the management plan, Council's graffiti removal contractor will be provided with a list of properties that have to be managed each month. These will include:
- Selected Council-owned and private properties that have to be patrolled regularly and graffiti has to be removed within three days.
- Council and private properties that are not patrolled regularly but once the graffiti is reported, it must be removed within three days.