Rubbish is collected Monday-Friday
Find your collection day, input your address into our map tool
Find out what items are accepted or not accepted and fees (93KB).
Red Bin - Standard Rubbish
The standard waste service is one (1) red-lid 60 litre bin per week for each residential premises.
Please put your bins out the night before collection day, near the kerb, and where they won't block pedestrian, bicycle or vehicle access.
- If you are a new owner/tenant, please confirm that your new waste charges correspond with the bin you will be using in your new home.
- There is a strict limit to the number of waste bins or wheelie bins that each property is entitled to have emptied.
- Cardboard boxes, rubbish bags or any other waste receptacles other than the approved bin for a house or unit will not be emptied.
- Any bin which is in a condition likely to cause injury will not be emptied.
- We recommend that you number your waste bin(s) clearly to avoid a charge for someone else's extra garbage.
- Non-mobile 60 litre bins are emptied manually - bins that are overloaded or exceed the size limit of one red-top 60 litre bin per house or 240 litre bin per four units, will not be emptied unless appropriate excess arrangements have been made.
- No paint - liquid paint, of any amount, is not to be placed in the garbage bin because when compacted in the garbage truck it leaks onto the roadway causing environmental damage. Take paint to the CRC, or use the next EPA chemical collection check the EPA website.
Where does the waste go? North Sydney Council sends its general waste to an Alternative Waste Treatment Facility UR-3R at Eastern Creek. The waste is processed and approximately 60% is diverted from landfill in the form of a compost for mine rehabilitation. Take a tour with Costa (ABC Gardening Aust) in the following video:
Yellow Bin - Recycle Rubbish
A free yellow-lid bin is allocated to each property and collected on the same collection day, and this bin is for comingled recycling.
Find out what items are accepted or not accepted (3MB).
The standard service is charged a standard flat fee (go to link and search on the words "domestic waste").
For occasional excess rubbish stickers are available from Council (for a fee) per 60 litre bin. These stickers must be attached to the extra bin or it will not be emptied. Flat or unit dwellers sharing a 240 litre mobile bin are required to buy four stickers (for a fee) per extra 240 litre mobile bin service.
For permanent excess rubbish owners of properties may request a collection in return for an additional fee. Council does not provide bins larger than 60 litres for standard waste. To upgrade or have an additional bin please complete an Excess Waste Service Agreement (below) and contact us when you buy your bin.
Excess Domestic Waste Service - single dwelling (209KB)
Excess Domestic Waste Service - multi dwelling (41KB)
We also have FREE pickup service, on alternate Mondays, that needs to be booked for - Household clean up or Green clean up!