North Sydney Council is currently reviewing its residential waste and recycling services.
Council wants residents/ratepayers to provide feedback on its current services and ways to improve future waste and recycling services.
click here to complete the survey online
Our current waste and recycling collection service expires on 1 July 2019.
With the current contract nearing completion there is an opportunity to review service requirements to ensure they adequately provide for future needs throughout the new seven-year contract period.
Council will be investigating ways to enhance the current service. Some of the options that will be examined include:
- provision and maintenance of bins to all residents (i.e. eliminating bins that are owned and maintained by residents)
- streamlining price points for bin sizes
- improving quality of bins
- improving portability of bins (i.e. WHS and manual handling)
- provide incentives for increased recycling.
Council’s waste and recycling management objectives are:
- cost effective collection and disposal methods
- reduced waste taken to landfill sites through increased recycling and reuse of collected materials
- environmentally responsible waste transportation, reprocessing and handling.
Read answers to some of the questions being asked of this consultation: Frequently Asked Questions (76KB).
Jetty Research has been engaged to carry out the research.
From 14 December 2017, Jetty Research will conduct a telephone surveys of 400 randomly selected residents.
Email - email@example.com
Mail - A/General Manager
North Sydney Council
PO Box 12
NORTH SYDNEY NSW 2059
Back to Listing
Posted on 15 December 2017