There a number of ways for our stakeholders to participate in Council's decision making. These include:
- attend the meetings of Council and its various committees
- address council during the public forum at those meetings. For further information phone 9936 8100
- make submissions on Council plans and policies during their public exhibition
- joining Council's online community engagement panel Voice Box at www.northsydney.nsw.gov.au
- attend Community Ward Forums
- contact elected councillors. Councillor contact details are available on the back cover of this Report.
- get social and connect with us on our social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
- make a submission on Council's Delivery Program when publicly exhibited each year or on the 10 year Community Strategic Plan publicly exhibited every four years
- make submissions on other major projects, plans, policies or development applications that are consulted or publicly exhibited throughout the year
- vote for councillors every four years through the Local Government election
- stand for election as a councillor. The next council election is due to be held in September 2016
- contact Council on any matter. Contact details are listed on Council's website at www.northsydney.nsw.gov.au
The elected Council comprises the Mayor and 10 councillors who are elected by the residents and ratepayers of the North Sydney Municipality.
- CREMORNE WARD
- TUNKS WARD
- VICTORIA WARD
- WOLLSTONECRAFT WARD
The North Sydney local government area comprises four wards - Cremorne, Tunks, Victoria and Wollstonecraft - each represented by three elected councillors. Visit Council's website at www.northsydney.nsw.gov for information about Council's Ward boundaries. Local government elections to elect councillors and directly elect a mayor are held every four years.
Changes to Council Structure in 2014/15
Councillor Sarah Burke, who represented Cremorne Ward, resigned in May 2015. This position will remain vacant for the remainder of this term of Council. Under Section 294B of the Local Government Act 1993, a casual vacancy is not filled if a reduction in numbers has been approved by a constitutional referendum.