Imperfect Low Waste Living looks at:
- reducing packaging waste through smarter shopping
- reducing food waste by being kitchen-clever
- reducing our toxic load in the home when cleaning simply by making better choices.
The four week program focuses on one key area of the house per week, and fits within the means, ability, energy, access, and time of the participants.
If you would like to be notified when the next program opens in 2023, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Online course details
- The online low waste living course was developed by low-waste, plastic-free advocate and educator, Sarah Tait from Wanderlightly.
- Participants are required to complete a course module each week so you can learn, grow and discuss with your fellow low waste comrades at the same time.
- The estimated time to complete the online course is between 6-12 hours across the month of July.
- The course includes two facilitated 'live tutorial sessions' on Zoom with Sarah, two in-person sessions, an open Q&A during the course and participant project sharing.
- Free bees wax wraps and other no waste supplies will be provided.
- Commit to completing the online course during the month of July (all four modules) and complete any tasks and questions for each module.
- Attend the introductory in-person session at the Coal Loader Centre for Sustainability where you will get to meet your fellow waste warriors, make your own bees wax wraps and get hands on with other waste free initiatives.
- Participate in two online Zoom tutorial sessions.
- Attend the final in-person session of the course.
- Conduct a waste audit of your home before the program begins (step-by-step instructions provided).
- Complete a one page case study at the end of the course and share your learnings with your classmates.
Council will provide hands-on workshops, two online classes and materials and supplies to assist in reducing waste.
You will also receive guided facilitation and group discussion each week and join the ILWL alumni with exclusive access to future workshops/webinars and events on low waste living.