The North Sydney Men's Shed is a fully equipped workshop where both skilled and unskilled men can share time together and enjoy the great sense of accomplishment associated with producing quality products from timber.
The North Sydney Men's Shed is a place for:
- Retired men to be social and pursue hobbies, pastimes & interests.
- The learning of new skills and the honing of old ones.
- Becoming involved in worthwhile projects.
- Using state-of-the-art wood-working tools.
- Really becoming a part of the community.
Location: Smoothey Park, 6 Russell Street, Wollstonecraft.
Time: drop in on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays from 10am.
Cost: Membership & Materials are FREE!
Download an application form (new one coming)
Many retired men have had to downsize their living arrangements, often resulting in the man's personal space, usually the garden shed or workshop, being lost.
So, the idea of a community shed was born
Here, men can come and share a fantastic variety of tools and spend time with other men of similar interests - learning new skills for the first time (or keeping old skills honed and productive).
The North Sydney Men's Shed...
has been set up to provide a substitute space for "shed-less blokes". Beside encouraging new social activities and friendships, the Men's Shed provides a network into local activities.
- Member's personal projects
- Designing and making toys for sale and donation to hospitals, refuges and toy libraries
- Repairing old toys
- Designing / making / repairing items of furniture
- One-off projects for local community needs
- Designing and making craft items for sale and donation
All are welcome!
Whether you are an expert timber craftsman or a complete novice, you will be welcome at the North Sydney Men's Shed. Never used power tools? No problem! Skilled members will show you how!
For further information, Ring the Shed during operating hours on: 9439 4721 or contact Ted Day, Coordinator: 9955 1616