North Sydney is a vibrant community with a major commercial centre surrounded by villages and neighbourhoods. We celebrate community harmony, respect and diversity. Our residents, workers and students are proud to belong and we welcome those who visit and enjoy the area.
Translation of non-English languages
If you do not understand this information, please ring the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) on 13 14 50, and ask for an interpreter in your language to contact North Sydney Council on (02) 9936 8100. This is a free service.
Migrant welcome packs
Migrant welcome pack - English (1005KB)
Migrant welcome pack - Chinese (1MB)
Migrant welcome pack - Japanese (1MB)
Migrant welcome pack - Spanish (336KB)
Migrant welcome pack - Korean (381KB)
Migrant welcome pack - Farsi (1MB)
Translated Government Information
Links to Australian Government information pages in a range of languages:
- Adult Migrant English Service (AMES) - provides a range of English language courses for newly arrived migrants.
- Centrelink - information on pensions, employment, parents/guardians, disability and more.
- Office of Fair Trading - covers topics such as buying a car, renting, credit cards, working from home and more.
- Department of Education (NSW) - useful documents for parents and caregivers, translated into over 40 languages.
- Aging Disability and Home Care (NSW) - ADHC publications in your language.
- My Aged Care (Federal) - Government information in different languages.
- Federal Department of Health - Government information about health in different languages.
- Legal Aid (NSW) - legal information in a range of languages.
- State Library of NSW - information about public libraries in New South Wales.
- Australian Taxation Office - Tax information in Arabic, Chinese, Croatian, Farsi, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Macedonian, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Turkish and Vietnamese.