A large park located on the ridge top in Cammeray. While most of the gently sloping land has been landscaped as a golf course, the Park contains a variety of other sports facilities and many pleasant areas to sit and relax.
Located in Ernest St, Cammeray, Cammeray Park is easily accessible by bus. Limited on-street parking is also available.
Synthetic turf (from 2015) covers this floodlit sportsfield. Soccer and rugby is mainly played overlooked by an amenity block with kiosk, change rooms, accessible toilets, plus concrete concourse for seating.
Nearby sport facilities are: 9-hole golf course, croquet lawns, 4 tennis courts.
The skate plaza is next to the sportsfield.
On the far western side of the Park, past the golf course, is the Cammeray Dam and fountain - an innovative storm water reuse project.
There are also benches, lights, pathways and a shared pedestrian/cycle track.
Dogs are welcome in Cammeray Park however they are not permitted on sportsfields when organised sport is being played.
The name of this park is derived from the Cammeraygal tribe, the Aboriginal tribe who frequented this district. The land was reserved for a park by Alderman Tunks, Mayor of St Leonards 1867-1883, and dedicated in 1886. The Park's golf course was created in the 1950s, and in the 1960s the western end of the Park was truncated as a result of the construction of the Warringah Expressway.