One of North Sydney's premier sportsgrounds. The green swathes of the playing fields and the remnant bushland provide an attractive outlook for visitors and residents.
A new playground (2017) caters to a diverse age and ability range.
Forsyth Park is a short walk from Military Road and frequent buses. Limited on-street parking is available in Montpelier Street adjacent to the playing fields.
- The sportsfields cater primarily for cricket, soccer and hockey, as well as for football, touch, training and school sport and carnivals.
- Toilets and change rooms, floodlights on Oval no. 2 and a long jump pit.
- A grassy lookout sits atop the former oil storage tanks which are a major visual feature of the Park, plus a co-operative community garden.
- The Forsyth Park Community Centre is available for public hire out of hours
- The public hall at the southern end of the Park is bordered by mature Poplars.
- A walking track through the bushland at the rear of the playing fields.
- The Forsyth Park Bushcare Group carries out bush regeneration in the Park.
- Dogs are welcome in the Park however they are not permitted on the sportsfields when organised sport is being played, or within 10m of children’s play equipment, and must be kept on a leash in bushland areas.
- Playground: flying fox, roundabout (wheelchair accessible), cable climb, all-access seesaw, seating.
Forsyth Park and the surrounding area were previously known as Montpelier Estate. The land for the Park was acquired by North Sydney Council in 1931, and the Park was named after an alderman from the old Belmore Ward.