A popular and attractive local park with tennis courts, two children's playgrounds a community centre and a public hall. A magnificent stand of mature Angophoras gives this park its special character.
Green Park is in Warringa Road, Cammeray, adjacent to Cammeray Park golf course. Buses run along Cammeray Road (walking distance), and on-street parking is available in the surrounding streets.
- Two tennis courts are available on a no-charge first-come first-served - hourly basis.(see link above)
- There are two playgrounds; one suitable for younger children, and a playground custom-designed for older children.
- The Kendall Community Centre is available for hire out-of-hours for meetings and social functions, and there is also a public hall.
- Dogs are welcome in Green Park however they are not permitted within 10m of the playgrounds.
Temporary Lease arrangement at Green Park
While the works are underway, the Primrose Park Tennis Club will be relocated to the Green Park courts, after Council approved their lease arrangement at the 26 April Council Meeting. The lease will be effective for approximately nine months. You can read the lease details in the attachment below:
Deed of Lease Green Park Tennis Courts (489KB)
Green Park comprises of two tennis courts with public amenities. The tennis courts are not suitable for evening use as there is no lighting available. Below lists when the club will be using the court as part of their lease agreement. The general public can use the courts free of charge (on a first come, first served basis) outside of the clubs operational time.
Temporary Lease Operational Times
Monday 7am-12pm & 2pm-5pm
Tuesday 7am-11.30am & 3pm-5pm
Wednesday 7am-12pm & 2pm-5pm
Thursday 7am-12pm & 2.30pm-5pm
Friday 7am-12pm & 3pm-5pm
Saturday 8am - 2pm
Sunday 8am - 12pm
Read more about the Primrose Park Courts refurbishment and follow the project details here.
The land on which Green Park stands was donated to the community as a public reserve by a resident Henry Green who was Mayor of North Sydney 1921-1922. A building contractor by trade, he built over 300 houses in North Sydney
Playground Significant Features
- Senior playground features a Tarzan swing and spinning ride for older children.
- Recently upgraded Junior play area includes slides, tunnels, spinner and flying fox ride.
- Stands of mature native trees provide shade.
This is a beautifully shaded park with well separated play areas for seniors and juniors.
The custom-designed senior equipment is challenging and suited to teenagers (upgraded 2016).
The junior play area has a variety of equipment with some suited to toddlers and some for users up to 10 years (upgraded 2014).