A popular and attractive local park with tennis courts, two children's playgrounds a community centre and a public hall. A magnificent stand of mature Angophoras gives this park its special character.
Green Park is in Warringa Road, Cammeray, adjacent to Cammeray Park golf course. Buses run along Cammeray Road (walking distance), and on-street parking is available in the surrounding streets.
- Two tennis courts are available on a no-charge first-come first-served - hourly basis.
- There are two playgrounds; one suitable for younger children, and a playground custom-designed for older children.
- The Kendall Community Centre is available for hire out-of-hours for meetings and social functions, and there is also a public hall.
- Dogs are welcome in Green Park however they are not permitted within 10m of the playgrounds.
The land on which Green Park stands was donated to the community as a public reserve by a resident Henry Green who was Mayor of North Sydney 1921-1922. A building contractor by trade, he built over 300 houses in North Sydney
Playground Significant Features
- Senior playground features a Tarzan swing and spinning ride for older children.
- Recently upgraded Junior play area includes slides, tunnels, spinner and flying fox ride.
- Stands of mature native trees provide shade.
This is a beautifully shaded park with well separated play areas for seniors and juniors.
The custom-designed senior equipment is challenging and suited to teenagers (upgraded 2016).
The junior play area has a variety of equipment with some suited to toddlers and some for users up to 10 years (upgraded 2014).