The parklands comprise Clark Park, Watt Park, Quibaree Park, the Lavender Bay Foreshore and a variety of smaller green spaces (including Wendy's Garden, Art Barton Park).
- Clark Park is the top park featuring spectacular views over Lavender Bay to the harbour bridge and the city.
- Watt Park is a more introspective park, suitable for quiet reflection and relaxation (contains the playground).
- Quibaree Park is a narrow strip of waterfront land bounded by the water's edge and the railway viaduct.
- The Lavender Bay Foreshore is a narrow strip of waterfront land that links Quibaree Park to Luna Park, the Harbour Bridge and beyond.
- Wendy Whiteley has created an intimate and attractive space, known as Wendy's Garden, on an area of railway land below Clark Park. It is currently leased to Council for public use.
Located in Lavender Street, Lavender Bay, the Parklands are a 10 minute walk from North Sydney railway station or a 5 minute walk from Milsons Point ferry wharf. Limited parking is available in Lavender Crescent and surrounding streets.
- Open grassy spaces with picnic tables, seats, paths, established trees and historic sandstone walling (Clark Park).
- A flagpole, a gathering point for memorial services and various sculptures (Clark Park).
- Spectacular views (Wendy' Garden).
- Mature exotic specimen trees (Watt Park).
- Picnic tables, pathways, an historic well and a custom-designed, heritage-themed playground and associated bubbler.
- An historic slipway, a small boat ramp and a jetty with stairs (Quibaree Park).
- Public toilets, a small beach area and interpretive signage (Quibaree Park).
- A boardwalk with adjacent grassy areas and sculptures (Lavender Bay Foreshore and Art Barton Park).
- Walker Street Road Reserve and Bob Gordon Reserve are gateways to the Parklands.
- Dogs are welcome in the Parklands however they are not permitted off leash in Clark Park, and they are not permitted within 10m of the playground in Watt Park.
Prior to European settlement and well into the 19th century the Quibaree Clan, part of the larger Kuringgai Tribe, frequented Lavender Bay.
In 1805 Robert Campbell purchased a large section of land on the waterfront of the North Shore, and James Milson settled on this land in 1806. During the 1850s, subdivision and sale led to increased settlement in the Lavender Bay and Milsons Point area.