One of Council's most historically significant parks. It has harbour views and some fine plantings in a formal landscape setting. This foreshore park is particularly spectacular in Spring when the Jacaranda trees in and around McDougall Street are in full bloom.
Located in McDougall Street, Kirribilli, Milson Park is a 5 minute walk from Milson Point railway station or a 10 min walk along High Street from the High St ferry wharf. Limited on-street parking is available in the surrounding streets.
- Significant cultural heritage plantings including magnificent towering palms, spreading figs and other specimen trees date from 1912.
- Public toilets, seating, picnic tables, a bubbler, lighting and a cooperative community garden.
- The custom-designed Milson Park complements the Park's heritage character.
- Dogs are welcome in Milson Park however they are not permitted within 10m of the playground.
- Boat ramp for kayak or small dinghy, is on seawall (near Sydney Flying Squadron) no parking.
Milson Park was created by reclaiming the head of Careening Cove during the 1890s (previously a rubbish dump). Originally known as Kirribilli Park, Milson Park was renamed in 1912, and a central monument was dedicated to AG Milson, mayor from 1909-1913. The ramp is dedicated to Ian Kiernan (Clean Up Aust).
Play equipment reflects the heritage character of the park.
This foreshore park has excellent harbour views.
Park contains significant cultural heritage plantings, notably mature palm trees.
The playground is fenced from the roadway.
Custom designed playground equipment has been designed to duplicate tradition play equipment and includes a roundabout, a cradle rocker, swings and pony style spring rockers. The play space is carefully tucked beneath towering fig trees and includes gardens and picnic tables.