One of North Sydney's premier sportsgrounds and a significant area of urban bushland. Located on the foreshores of Willoughby Bay, the Park is popular with both local residents and visitors due to its mix of sporting and other recreational facilities.
Primrose Park is in Grafton Street (off Young Street), Cremorne. There is a designated car park in the Park, and limited on-street parking is also available. The Park is a 10 minute walk from Military Road where there are numerous bus stops.
- The sportsfields cater for football, hockey and cricket, as well as for training, school sport and carnivals.
- There are four tennis courts (Tennis court hire: 9908 2366 ), two enclosed cricket nets, flood lights, change rooms, toilets and hockey and tennis club houses.
- Elements of the former Primrose Park Sewage Works structure including the former engine house, tunnels and canals can still be seen today, and the remaining buildings house the Primrose Park Art and Craft Centre as well as a range of sporting clubs.
- A bush walking track connects to Folly Point, and a circuit walk from Willoughby Falls up to Grafton Street returns via the zig zag track.
- Across the road, Brightmore Reserve has a tricycle track and is a great picnic spot.
- The Primrose Park Bushcare Group carries out bush regeneration in the Park.
- Dogs are welcome in Primrose Park however they are not permitted on the sportsfields when organised sport is being played and they must be kept on a leash in bushland areas.
Historical items and sites including Aboriginal rock art indicate that Primrose Park was frequented by the Cammeraygal people.
Originally an estuarine bay, in 1899 the land on which the sportsfields now stand became the site of North Sydney's first sewage treatment works. The sewage works closed in the late 1920s and the area was dedicated as parkland in 1930. The Park was named after HL Primrose, Mayor of North Sydney from 1926 to 1932, and later NSW Minister for Health.