Watt Park is a more introspective park, suitable for quiet reflection and relaxation. The Lavender Bay Foreshore is a narrow strip of waterfront land that links Quibaree Park to Luna Park, the Harbour Bridge and beyond.
Located in Lavender Street, Lavender Bay, the Parklands are a 10 minute walk from North Sydney railway station or a 5 minute walk from Milsons Point ferry wharf. Limited parking is available in Lavender Crescent and surrounding streets.
- Spectacular views.
- Mature exotic specimen trees.
- Picnic tables, pathways.
- Dogs are welcome however they are not permitted within 10m of the playground.
Prior to European settlement and well into the 19th century the Quibaree Clan, part of the larger Kuringgai Tribe, frequented Lavender Bay.
In 1805 Robert Campbell purchased a large section of land on the waterfront of the North Shore, and James Milson settled on this land in 1806. During the 1850s, subdivision and sale led to increased settlement in the Lavender Bay and Milsons Point area.
- Playground echoes the style of play equipment found in this heritage listed park in the 1930s.
- Nautical theme reflects the foreshore location.
- Cool and shady park with views to the harbour and city.
- Toilets are located through the railway arch in Quibaree Park.
- Park links to Luna Park and beyond via the Lavender Bay foreshore.
Watt Park Playground is a traditional heritage style playground reminiscent of North Sydney's original playgrounds. It caters for a wide age range of children in an environment that is pleasant and relaxing for carers. It is a very cool and shady playground ideal for summer use and incorporates a roundabout, seesaw, swings, spring-mounted boat and embankment slides.