*** NOTICE ***
These sprays are done at night and/or early morning to avoid and/or minimise public presence.
Signs will be displayed.
Weather may affect these dates, signs at the Council site/s will confirm.
A spray application between the dates of 20 May - 20 June for Bon Andrews Oval.
Products being used are : Intercept 480 SL (Ethephon) Winter grass growth regulator
Primo Maxx (120 g/L Trinexapac – ethyl) Turf growth regulator
MP Brilliance (Liquid Nitrogen fertiliser) Turf colour and health
Application will be made early morning to minimise public exposure
Signs will be displayed.
*** END of NOTICE ***
The park offers panoramic views over Berrys Bay to the Sydney skyline. The Park is bordered by a magnificent row of Hill's Weeping figs and there is a sportsfield adjacent to the harbour foreshore.
Located in Woolcott Avenue, Waverton, Waverton Park is a 5 minute walk from Waverton railway station. Limited on-street parking is available in the area.
- The floodlit sportsfield primarily caters for cricket, soccer and touch, as well as for training and school sport and carnivals.
- The Waverton Bowling Club comprises a clubhouse and two bowling greens.
- The historic Geraghty Gates are located in the north western corner of the Park.
- The Park contains public toilets, change rooms, seats, picnic tables and the custom-designed Merrett Playground which has a 'motoring' theme. The playground and the adjacent grassed embankment are fully fenced.
- The Park is part of an extensive open space network on the Waverton peninsula that includes the BP Parklands, Balls Head Reserve and the former Coal Loader/Caltex site.
- Dogs are welcome in Waverton Park however they are not permitted on the sportsfield when organised sport is being played or within 10m of the playground.
Waverton Park is named after "Waverton House", purchased by William Carr in 1850 and named after his home in England. The park was built partly on reclaimed mudflats at the head of Berrys Bay and partly on land obtained from resumption of a property to the east (Ivycliff). It totaled 10 acres and was dedicated in 1943. Waverton Park was officially opened by the NSW Premier, W.J. McKell, in October 1944.
- Playground has a 'motoring' theme including rocking car, tricycle track and service station.
- Good views to the harbour and city.
- Playground is part of Waverton Park which also contains a sports field and a bowling club.
- Toilets are located on the Larkin Street side of Waverton Park.
Located on the upper tier of Waverton Park, Merrett Playground is set beneath two fabulous native trees and offers visitors lovely views across Sydney Harbour. The playground has a 'service station' theme; with an easily accessible pathway and 'road' system, a spring-mounted car, and a level play area with petrol bowsers, a mechanics workshop and a candy shop. Also featuring a large deck, tunnel slides and an arm-power swing, this popular playground caters to children of all ages and abilities.